One of the best days in advent has to be the 'put up the tree day'. But if you're not buying a tree this year or don't have space in your flat for an impressive pine, there are plenty of other decorations that will make your home look wonderfully festive. We have looked on Pinterest to bring you some of the chicest decorations for those of you who 'don't do tinsel'...
Chic festive touches...
**1. **Chic homemade advent calendars -
2. Turn old springs into festive holders - see how to on
3. Make a tree from your string lights - see how to make on
Alternatives to fairy lights...
1. Turn bottles into festive lights - from
(make sure the lights are LED as they are low wattage)
2. Magical wire branches - from
3. Festive table setting - from
A touch of green...
**1. **Charming festive plant pots -
2. Place branches in large glass vases and attach baubles as decorating a regular tree - from
3. Potted mini trees - from
Simple but effective Christmas decorations...
**1. **Tree trimmings as table settings -
**2. **A cosy Christmas garland - from
3. Hanging snowball garlands - see how to make them on