So it’s the first of April and with it comes us having to deal with a deluge of April Fools pranks (many of which came from our colleagues, but the less said about that the better). Here at Grazia HQ, we did our best at making the nation's dreams come true by casting Poldark's Aidan Turner in a naked campaign - it's only a matter of time, no? - but there were plenty more hijinks which had us fooled...almost.
Among our fave attempts to fool this year is the Samsung phone which doubles up as a blade, Del Boy and Rodney’s flat going up for sale and a café selling only white bread called Crumbs. Here we round up the good, the bad and the ugly of this year’s April Fools' Day...
1. Samsung announced this year's must-have kitchen accessory, the Galaxy BLADE edge, ‘the world's first phone/knife that features a razor-sharp diamond edge, tough enough to cut through a lobster tail.’
2. The most famous address in Peckham – Nelson Mandela House – went up on rightmove.co.uk for £190k with an estate agent blurb calling it a popular high rise block with tasteful interiors..hmmm
3. Jeremy Clarkson got a starring cameo in a smash hit musical comedy alongside Jason Manford, Phil Jupitus, Ross Noble, Louie Spence - well, he has got time on his hands. The producer tweeted that the sacked Top Gear presenter was on board saying: ‘Excited to announce the one and only Jeremy Clarkson will be performing in @producertour' - a tweet that was taken seriously by many.
4. Selfridges tweeted a 'breaking news' story that Jeremy Piven — star of the British TV series Mr. Selfridge — had been named the store’s chief executive officer.
6. ASOS posted a photo of a man sporting a clip-in hair bun urging boys to'Get the look without the hassle: Introducing the clip-in man bun!' We reckon TOWIE’s Joey Essex would have been a fan, among others.
7. Local rag The Peckham Peculiar tweeted about Crumbs, 'a new cafe selling only white toast - the first in London & the UK' with many retweeting it..use your loaf guys!
**8. **Bravo to Fashionista.com who had us believing North West has bagged her first Vogue cover via a quarterly supplement for children. Well, if it's not a Chanel campaign...
9. Meanwhile The Sun told us Simon Cowell was destined to end up on a banknote alongside the Queen, Charles Darwin and other great British folk who’ve their faces emblazoned on money.
10. The Telegraph revealed plans for the Leaning Tower of Pisa to be turned into a luxury hotel. We quite like the idea of that one!
And finally... things took a bit of a darker turn in the US with reports that Hollywood actor, Patrick Wilson, star of The Conjuring, Insidious and black comedy Let's Kill Ward's Wife was accused of murdering his best friend's wife with video footage leaked online exposing what appeared to be his role in a gruesome murder. Creepy.
What was your favourite trick? Let us know by tweeting us @Grazia_Live using #AprilFools
Words: Sofia Zagzoule