Aside from the major runway trends on offer – more on that another time – a month-long stretch of FROWs, capsule wardrobes, planes, trains, parties and automobiles provide quite the bizarre slice of education for a fashion editor….
1. If your flares aren’t cropped, then get thee some scissors right away. This was the street style phenomenon of A/W’15.
2. Gigi Hadid is taking over fashion town. Scooping up catwalks a-plenty and gadding about with Kendall… she was also very friendly to GD.
3. The coolest haircut has chunky bangs and is a tad mullet-y. Check out two of the most popular models on the fash week block: Mica Arganaraz and Antonina Petkovic.
4. Kanye doesn’t do waiting, but we’ll gladly wait for him. Always the last person to hit the FROW, but NYFW’s frrrrezing crowd stood in the cold for 45 minutes for his adidas Originals show.
5. Babies can go on the runway. Dolce and Gabbana made it happen and it was cute.
6. Face bling is a thing. According to Riccardo Tisci at Givenchy will shall soon be plastering our visages with very sparkly things – and not in the regular piercing places.
7. 1980s are back. Eek? We say check out JW Anderson’s interpretation first (both eponymous line and Loewe) then have a rethink.
8. Everybody’s obsessed with sex. Or at least their wardrobes would indicate so. We’ve never seen so much latex, trussed up lace-work or corsetry.
9. Girls will wear jelly sandals with bare legs in the snow. Style Hunter witnessed this in real-time during the -12 degrees centigrade horror-show that is New York.
10. The new matchy matchy extends to dressing avec pets. This coat must be faux, but oh how we LOL’d. 10 Random Things We Learned This Fashion Week